Thank you to Saturday Night Reader for the tag! This one looks like so much fun and if anyone is looking for great reviews (or something to do on a Saturday night – spoiler alert: it’s read) check out her blog! This tag calls for my Top 3 answers to a series of questions.
Three Read Once and Loved Authors:
1.The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I absolutely ADORED this book and I’ll be picking up many more works by Reid in the very near future!
2. Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood – The writing was simply incredible. The story telling was masterful and it was a truly spectacular read by an amazing author!
3. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch – I’m really not a big sci-fi fan but this absolutely blew me away. Crouch has a very unique voice I’m excited to read more of!
Three Titles I’ve watched but Haven’t Read:
1. The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood – I’ve only seen the first season but this has been on my TBR 5 ever!
2. Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly – The movie was incredibly well done and I’d love to read the book it’s based on.
3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith – I’ve only read one or two zombie books in my attempt to step outside my comfort zone but this movie was honestly kind of fun!
Three Characters You Love (aka book boyfriend/girlfriend):
1. Desmond Flynn from The Bargainer Series by Laura Thalassa
2. Daniel from My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
3. Jamie from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Three Series I Binged:
1. Again, The Bargainer Series by Laura Thalassa (I actually binged all of her books in one swoop)
2. The Air Awakens Series by Elise Kova
3. Currently binging: Stillhouse Lake Series by Rachel Caine
Three Unpopular Bookish Opinions:
1. Mine is the opposite of Saturday Night Reader in that I’m actually a sucker for love triangles. They’re so angsty and I kind of get swept up in it, despite the fact that in real life I know I’d 100% make the wrong choice!
2. Harry Potter and Game of Thrones are both amazeballs but they’re not the best thing since sliced bread. The world building, story arcs and character development are truly magnificent but they’re not the end-all-be-all in fiction.
3. Sometimes, albeit rarely, the movie is in fact, better than the book.
Three Current Favorite Book Covers:
Three Goals for 2019:
- Get through my husbands liver donation surgery to my father-in-law without completely losing my mind to anxiety.
- Learn how to use WordPress better so I can deliver more content on my blog!
- Make choices I’m proud of and that help me lead a happier more fulfilled year.
- Brenda & Norma @ Two Sisters Lost in a Coulee
- Kaili @ Entertainingly Nerdy
- Empress DJ @ Books and Bindings
As with all tags – you are in no way obligated to participate! However, if you do make sure to drop me a note and let me know because I’d love to read your responses! If you weren’t tagged but want to participate or respond to one or more questions drop me a note in the comments because I’d love to see!