Shout out to Darinda of Nightcap Books for tagging me in my second “blogger award”! These are such fun and a great way to network and get to know the bloggers you follow and the ones who follow you!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
• Put the award logo/image on your blog
• List the rules.
• Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
• Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
• Nominate other bloggers who fit the bill!
• Link the bloggers you nominate
• Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
• Share a link to your best post(s)
THREE OF MY TOP POSTS
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo + Caldo Gallego Recipe
- The Fourth Monkey + Slow Cooker Korean Beef Stew Recipe
- Scythe + Mimi’s Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
- I live in Texas but dream about the snow. Skiing is the most freeing feeling in the world!
- I grew up running barrels and dreaming of being a cowgirl (LOL @ that now).
- I have a painting hanging over my bed, painted by a real elephant in Thailand named Aleena. AND. IT. LOOKS. LIKE. AN. ELEPHANT. #selfportrait – elephants are amazing.
How many books are on your TBR, and how long will it take you to read them?
LOLOLOLOL at this. I’m at like 268 right now and I don’t think it’s possible for me to read them all because it’s an ever growing list. I get click happy and just add and add and add. It’s only nice when I go back through and realize I forgot about a book that looks amazing and then I snag it from the library and it’s so cozy.
What is an author you will read without reading the book blurb first?
David Sedaris for suresies. I used to have more but I’ve moved away from stuff I had been reading pretty consistently and have been a *tad* disappointed with recent books so my only tried and true at this moment in time is Sedaris.
What is a fictional character you love to read about but, would find insufferable in real life?
Since I just read these books they’re at the forefront of my mind. Laurie from One Day in December and Jane from Jane Doe. Laurie because I am decidedly not a believer in love at first sight and the book was SO CUTE IT HURTS but I don’t think I could be friends with someone who thinks / acts like that. Jane because she’s hilarious to read about but also a self-described sociopath who doesn’t form connections sooooo, probs wouldn’t hit it off.
What are three things on your bucket list?
Merp, this one is hard for me. 1) Ski as many places as possible. 2) Find a reputable, genuinely good for them elephant sanctuary where I can hang out with the elephants and like, maybe have tea and watch them paint (there are a lot of really bad ones that let you ride them and stuff). 3) See Celine Dion live – she’s leaving Vegas THIS YEAR, so me and a few girls are currently planning this trip, so hopefully checking this baby off SOON.
If you could have a super power what would it be?
This is an excellent and difficult question. I want to say fly, because that sounds AMAZING but I also think teleportation would solve soooo many problems for me. So probably teleportation with the caveat that I can bring people with me.
- Brenda & Norma of the Traveling Sisters
- Kim from It’s All About The Thrill
- DJ from Books and Bindings
- Amanda from The Limit of Books Does Not Exist
As with all book tags, you are in no way obligated to participate! Feel free to answer the questions yourself if you weren’t tagged!!
- What is a book you can never read too many times?
- What are your favorite and least favorite tropes to read?
- What is one unpopular book opinion you have?
- If you could pack up and travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- Fun/Weird Question: If you could maintain your current BMI and be either one GIANT bee or thousands of bees with a collective mind, which would you choose and why?
*Personal side note – I have officially finished Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe 2) as well as One Day in December HOWEVER, I had friends up all weekend and I’m now scrambling to prep for our Thanksgiving holiday. We’re headed up to New Mexico for a few days and Taos happens to be opening on Thanksgiving day. With the transplant surgery taking place on the 11th neither my husband nor I thought we’d be able to ski this year and now we’ve been given the chance! I’m hoping to get a review up today and one tomorrow but we shall see!